day 1. Drawing is important: 30 day daily drawing. The yogurt pot

 


25/11/22

This is Day 1 of the Daily drawing project.  My plan is to draw 5 minutes - 10 minutes every day for 30 days. Each week I will start in a different room in the house. This is a yogurt container which is on the table in the living room, next to my chair. Tony uses it for shelling walnuts but now it is filled with Italian playing cards and other junk that is on his table. I am going to draw in the living room this week. 

I am pretty unhappy with my first sketch but the plan is to assess my success on my regularity of turning up and not the quality of my drawings.  I know from past experience that when you start to draw after a long break, you are overwhelmed with the 'I can't draw' feelings. I know practice improves it. 

I am reluctant to share this bad drawing, but apparently it helps motivation to share. So here you go! My first drawing. I have made a start. This will take me up to Christmas. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

16/52 Negative: Mary Rickman: 1770 - 1851

4/52 Curious: Mary Amelia Guy

32/52 Library: Mabel Joyce Godlee 1903 - 1998